The documentation is submitted to the SOCIAL SERVICES CENTRE in the Municipality where the person applying for the accommodation resides!

  1. Written request for accommodation obtained from and filled by the Social Services Centre2 copies of the Birth certificate (original or photocopy)
  2. 2 photocopies of the person’s ID
  3. 2 photocopies of the health insurance card
  4. Opinion of the general practitioner
  5. Statement of personal property from the Cadastre 
  6. Retirement cheque  or photocopy (if the person is retired)
  7. Statement given by the relatives obligated to pay maintenance given at the Social Services Centre
  8. Statement of the self-funding beneficiary agreeing to have personal income remitted to the account of the Care Home
  9. Written acceptance of the beneficiary to be placed in the Care Home given at the Social Services Centre.


Accommodation prices are as follows:

  • Independent beneficiaries: please call us !
  • Semi-dependent beneficiaries: please call us !
  • Dependent beneficiaries: please call us !
  1. Who to turn to for the placement in the Care Home?

Answer: A person should turn to the Social Services Centre in the Municipality where the person resides, i.e. a person living in Municipality of Kanjiza needs to turn to the Social Services Centre in Kanjiza, while a person living in Municipality of Senta should go to the Social Services Centre in Senta.

  1. Whom should the documentation for the accommodation be submitted to?

Answer: The documentation for the accommodation to the Care Home is submitted to the Social Services Centre in the Municipality where the potential Care Home resident lives.

  1. Can a person without any assets and income be placed in the Care Home?

Answer: The conditions that need to be met for a person to be accepted to the Care Home are defined by the Social Protection and Security Act. Acceptance to the Care Home is based on the Decision of the Social Services Centre following the adequate procedure. Persons without assets or income and without any relatives obligated to provide maintenance for them can be placed into the Care Home if they fulfil the requirements, and in such a case the Budget of the Republic of Serbia bears all the expenses.



  1. Does the Care Home resident receive the allowance?

Answer: The Care Home resident with or without income is entitled to “allowance”, i.e. financial means intended for personal needs, which is determined by the Decision of the Social Services Centre. The amount of these means is determined by the adequate Regulations and depends on the statistical data, for example in July the allowance for people with income amounted to 1.700,00 RSD, while it was about 1.100,00 RSD for residents without income.

  1. Are the children obligated to participate in the funding of the accommodation for their parents?

Answer: The obligation of children and relatives for participation in the funding is determined by the Social Services Centre. If it is a case of a supported person who doesn’t have any income or a person with low income then they will not be obligated to participate in the funding.

  1. Does the pensioner entitled to disability allowance lose the right to it once accepted to the Care Home?

Answer: The pensioner entitled to disability allowance does not lose the once obtained right to benefits, but the payments are SUSPENDED while the person resides in the Care Home.

  1. Are the assets of the Care Home beneficiary ceded to the Institution?

Answer: The assets ARE NOT CEDED to the Care Home. The Social Services Centre decides on all matters regarding beneficiary’s assets.

  1. What happens to the self-funding beneficiary’s pension if the pension is higher than the cost?

Answer: The amount above the accommodation expenses and allowance – means for personal needs – is returned to the beneficiary every month.

  1. What services are included in the accommodation costs in your Institution?

Answer: Accommodation costs include accommodation, food (3 meals a day, and a snack for diabetics), care, basic health care and ALL MEDICATION (including those on and off the positive list), adult nursing pads and incontinence pads, social services, legal advice and other services according to the needs of the beneficiaries.

  1. Are the visits allowed and can beneficiaries leave the Care Home?

Answer: The visits are allowed EVERY DAY during following hours: in the mornings from 9:00 to 10:00 and in the afternoons from 16:00 to 17:00. The beneficiaries are allowed to leave the Care Home during the day, for the weekends, holidays, even for the period of a week or more, but they must inform a nurse or a social worker.